WITH 1ST & MAIN
Motivated, driven, personable, ethical, and fueled by learning and growth? We'd like to hear from you. 1st & Main Partners is brining on, well... more PARTNERS! Experience flexible hours, independence, and an absence of micro-managing. Like our customers: BE YOUR OWN BOSS! All positions are 1099 status.
Our business brokers (intermediary) are responsible for facilitating the sale of privately held businesses. They act in a manner similar to a real estate agent, assisting the buyer and seller of a private business before, during, and immediately after the sale. A business broker takes ownership of the entire process, ensuring a smooth sale for both buyer and seller.
Business brokering requires a rather broad skill set. A background in finance, business ownership, consulting or commercial banking is preferred but not necessarily required. A willingness to learn and follow strict ethical procedures is critical.
Communication and negotiation skills, technical knowledge, financial and tax-related knowledge, time management skills, and strong organizational skills are all beneficial. Since brokers must secure their own clients, sales skills are a must. A great deal of a business broker's time is spent prospecting for clients and marketing listings. Independent brokers are responsible for generating their own business and operate under an Intermediary Agreement that outlines commission splits and other requirements.
Normal business hours are generally kept but as a 1099 contract employee, and while some minimum performance standards maybe required, the associate can set their own hours. 1st & Main encourages our Intermediaries to continue their education by attending training sessions, conferences and webinars. All Intermediaries are required to join the Business Brokers of Florida (BBF) that provides a business listing MLS and establishes a co-brokering standard for the State.
Candidates are generally required to have:
- A strong sales background
- Active Florida Real Estate License.
- Pipeline development and fundamental closing skills
- Strong business acumen, experience as a business owner, or previous business brokering experience
- Technically skilled in all Office applications, email, CRM, social media platforms, and presentation preparation
- Willingness to participate in continuing education, aptitude for personal development
- Able to work remotely with little oversight
- Motivate to earn at the highest levels of our profession
COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE AGENTS
OR LEASING AGENTS
We are looking for a dynamic Real Estate Broker to join our fast-growing firm. The Commercial Real Estate Broker will work as an intermediary on rental properties between owners and potential tenants, oversee property transactions between buyers and sellers, and assist with new business development.
To be successful in this role you must have excellent marketing and people skills, understand the local property market, and be willing to work long hours. All agents will operate as a 1099 contract employee under an Associate Agreement with the Brokerage.
CRE Agent's Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist clients in finding suitable non-residential properties to run their business from.n finding suitable non-residential properties to run their business from.
- Assist sellers in promoting their properties to attract qualified buyers in a reasonable amount of time.
- Provide guidance on agreements, mortgages, and market prices.
- Draft legal documents and contracts.
- Coordinate exchanges of ownership.
- Assist with negotiations between buyers and sellers.
- Manage a portfolio of rental properties.
- Fulfill a range of marketing functions, e.g. promoting properties by listing, writing advertisements, or arranging viewings.
- A degree is not a prerequisite.
- Training or a qualification in real estate may be strongly desired.
- State licensure is a must.
- Vast knowledge of property law, property specifications, legal guidelines, procedures, and policies.
- A firm grasp of best practices within the industry.
- A minimum of three years' experience in a similar role.
- Self-motivated and honest.
FINANCIAL ANALYST INTERN
Our goal for the MBA Finance Manager Internship is to provide an awesome and unique experience, partnering with Business Intermediaries and CRE Agents to enhance and report on business valuations, real estate market conditions, pricing and other financial requirements as needed.
The FA will participate in day-to-day discussions and initiatives, preparing and distributing timely and insightful financial analysis of pertinent information to support our client's goals, listing activity, CIM preparation and internal cash flow and projections.
You'll actively interpret and review business and real estate financial reports, tax returns, meet with owners to determine add-backs and one time expenses, and prepare comprehensive Opinion of Value reports. Comprehensive training is provided and your input and introduction of process improvement is encouraged. Opportunity to work in office and remotely.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA students preferred.
- Currently pursuing an MBA with an expected graduation date before Spring 2021.
- Experience in finance, investment banking, financial services, management consulting, corporate development, business development, digital/ecommerce, retail or general apparel brands, or related fields.
- Proven financial analysis skills; demonstrated ability to complete analysis, financial and/or valuation models
- Strong professional presence; ability to present POV clearly and influence others through presentation, logical reasoning, and scenario alternatives
- Work independently with research tools, data, deal with ambiguity, be organized
- Problem solve through curiosity, diving deep, finding solutions, delivering results
- Attention to detail and natural curiosity
- Strong passion for getting it right, personal development.
MARKETING AND SEO INTERN
We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated Marketing Intern to join our growing marketing department. If you’re an ambitious individual who wants to build a career in social media and content marketing, then we want to work with you. Your work will include preparing sales presentations and social media collateral, monitoring social platforms, mailing list development, and social media campaigns.
In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should have excellent multitasking and organizational abilities. this position calls for periodic in office work and, more common, remote work environment. Must be a self-started and excited to improve performance of the brokerage. While training on our industry and procedures is available, ideal candidate will have previous experience in similar roles. The successful candidate will also have in-depth knowledge of marketing techniques and social media platforms.
Competitive hourly compensation and flexible hours!
- Perform market analysis and research on the latest trends.
- Assist with daily administrative duties.
- Design and present new social media campaign ideas.
- Monitor all social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback.
- Prepare detailed promotional presentations.
- Help with the planning and hosting of marketing events.
- Research and evaluate competitor marketing and digital content.
- Contribute to the creation of mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content.